Friday, December 21, 2012

Afraid to Pray......Afraid to Bond....


It has been 8 long months since we placed these green shoes on our princess. We have been told from the beginning that the adoption process in Haiti is an arduous one. We've been told not to get impatient and to expect it to take up to 2 years. Since receiving this news I have been extremely patient, almost too patient. You see when we adopted Eli I knew, I knew he was coming home soon and I told everyone. I posted it on my blog www.babyeli.yolasite.com. I BELIEVED! I expected from the Lord. This time it has been different, I haven't expected anything. So, I have put Rebekah in the back of my mind in order to cope with the long wait. 



But something has happened this week.....something great! I started believing in miracles again! I went back to scripture and it was confirmed in my heart. And what I knew in my head was confirmed again this morning when a sweet adoption friend posted to our private site on prayer. It really doesn't matter what timelines say, governments do, or we think, our God is a BIG God. A God that is concerned with ALL of our ways. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses  but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16
If I have no unconfessed sin in my heart I may approach the very throne room of God. WOW! He also says in His word, if I ask believing I will receive. This is the part that is tricky for most believers. This doesn't mean if I ask for a Mercedes Benz the Lord will give it to me. The Bible says if I ask according to His will. So I must search the scripture to determine His will. 





His will is for Rebekah to be home with her family! Psalm 68:5-6 "A father of the fatherless. God sets the lonely in families."
He has already promised her a hope and a future. So when I approach His throne believing she will come home soon and praying in that manner He will hear me! So I have a request of you!



See this candle? Every morning the children and I are lighting this candle for Rebekah. We are getting in the floor on our face before God and we are asking that He move mountains and bring her home soon. Not for my sake, but for hers. She is in a wonderful place, being cared for, her daily needs met, but she needs us. She needs to be tucked in every-night by her mommy, kissed by her daddy, and snuggled up with her sister. God has written her story out, it is done, now I must believe. Will you believe with me? Light a candle for Rebekah and pray with me? Pray until she comes home? Let's believe together, united in one accord, incline the ear of our Father, and trust that He will GIVE according to what He has promised! 


1 comment: