I love missions and I have a heart to serve around the world. I will go wherever God calls me. What I have found in the last six months is I'm right where I'm supposed to be. It started with SEVEN
junk drawers. I had seven drawers full of junk, trash, things I had been holding onto for one reason or another. As I started to clean the drawers I started to see my life as God sees it. He sees the innermost parts of my heart the parts that need cleaning. He began to surface my junk, my unsubmissive heart, my quick temper, the anger that raises it's head so quickly, I saw myself in the mirror. "As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects' the heart." Proverbs 27:19 I saw my calling as a mother and how great it is. I realized how I had been comparing my home to the "perfect home-schooling mom's" home posted on her blog. I saw how defeated I had become in my home.
Then the most BEAUTIFUL thing happened on January 19, 2013! The fruit from the seeds planted!

My First Born was washed in the blood of the Lamb!
Filled with the Holy Spirit!
God's workmanship....His masterpiece...created to serve Him!
The monotonous days of school work, bible study, cleaning, cleaning again, changing dirty diapers, wiping snotty noses. Living out, repenting, asking for forgiveness, following, THEY see!
We are cleansed from all our sin to follow Him and serve Him. It may be in a nation far away, it may be in your church, but mostly it is to those around you. Loving Jesus in spite of your circumstance, keeping your motives in check, following Christ out of a relationship with Him. Not for the sake of "doing" but for the sake of Christ. Have you looked into your junk drawers? I encourage you today to take a break from mindless internet surfing, comparing, and saying. Take a moment to see your reflection, see your life, and you will see your heart.






No comments:
Post a Comment