Friday, June 28, 2013

Wrestling.....

Wrestling, continuing to wrestle, wrestling with God, with sin, with confusion, with the enemy, with fear, with doubt, wrestling with a world of hurt.

How do we walk through a world filled with sin? A world with broken babies, babies dead at the hand of their own mother, the hungry, the destitute, sin excused.

Jacob wrestled until God blessed him. He wouldn't let go of the ONE who holds the stars. He held on until daybreak, until his answer came, until he was BLESSED.

I wrestle with the will of God. The why? Is that a lack of faith on my part? Maybe. Faith is a gift of God and I need to wrestle in the closet, my prayer closet until I am blessed with faith. Faith to believe that a Holy God is on the throne ruling and reigning now. That no matter what darkness I walk through, how much deception I experience, how much pain that resides in my heart, I will trust HIM.

Wrestle until my soul is content no matter what comes my way. A little girl in a faraway place that needs a FAMILY. A little girl abandoned. Wrestle as the kids here at home pray for her. Wondering why does it take so LONG to rescue a ORPHAN. Wrestle with governments, powers of darkness, the enemy of my soul that doesn't want to see FAMILIES serving the ONE TRUE GOD.

Wrestle as I behold my dad. My strong daddy that is wasting away. Losing 20 pounds since April. Sad that he can't do what he's used to doing. Wrestle that he will one day leave me and go to heaven. Wrestling knowing that my Father in heaven says He will never leave or forsake me.

Wrestling with apathy and complacency. How can I be so dead when my God is living? He died so that I might live! Have an abundant life.

Wrestle with my sin. How can sin so easily beset us? Struggle with this flesh. The slimy pit of sin keeps my feet from walking the path of righteousness. The inside sins of pride, doubt, apathy, selfish ambition.

Fighting the fight of faith. Encouraged by these words this morning as I wrestle, "Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." Psalms 42:11

Seeking the face of God this morning as I wrestle......

No comments:

Post a Comment