When our daughter auditioned for the play, "The Brave Little Tailor" little did I know it would change me.
A play, a childrens play, little kids reciting words learned, changed me. Through the plot, the courage and bravery of the Little Tailor, but mostly through a little boy. A little boy named Mark Kelly.
Mark Kelly has cancer. I have watched for weeks as he comes into play practice so eager to perform. His body is enduring chemotherapy, he has lost his hair, his skin is peeling, and he has blisters on his body. Lily tells me, "Mom if Mark Kelly has to vomit during the play we act it out like he always disappears."
I have watched this little boy run the race with endurance. No complaints, no negative words, just a little boy excited to play a part.
Mark Kelly has unknowingly taught me how to continue my race on this earth with joy, peace, and contentment.
It is no coincidence that he plays the part of the Brave Little Tailor. The story is one of bravery and courage. The Tailor is commissioned to save the princess from the EVIL giants.
I am currently fighting my own giants. I too am trying to save a little princess from the EVIL giants.
Mark Kelly has given me an example. Through this little boy God has shown me how good will triumph evil. How although he is physically suffering, his body hurting, his spirit is still soaring. He is battling out his faith on this earth. To us, to our human mind his suffering seems like a curse from God. We ask why? Why would God allow a little boy to suffer? I am one of the reasons. Through his suffering I am encouraged. There is a prize for our faith. As we run this race with Christ, He is faithful to help us finish it, and at the end He will crown us.
To you Mark Kelly....Thank you! Thank you for your bravery.....it is unmatched.......
No comments:
Post a Comment