Friday, May 25, 2012
Building A Nest
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4
My Mother's Day gift arrived today and it is so fitting.
Have you ever watched a mama bird build it's nest? She takes such great care in gathering every twig and placing it in just the right place. She plucks out her feathers to line the nest. Birds make their nest with love and tenderness.
Yesterday the Lord revealed to me that the enemy was trying to pluck one of the little ones from my nest.
A hawk landed in our yard with a tiny, baby blue-jay in his grasp. There was much commotion outside by the family of blue-jays the baby was taken from. They were swooping down, squawking in a furious tizzy to save their baby. The baby unfortunately didn't make. The hawk's strong jaws had pierced his little neck and he died.
One of mine. One of my little birds has been struggling. The enemy is trying to steal my baby's tender heart. I have known for a while and noticed my baby's affection starting to wane. Those eyes, they had lost their sparkle.
I could turn my head, I could act like it's okay, I could deny the fact my baby's tender heart is being darkened by sin, but I can't. I can't allow the prowler, the prince of the air, satan to get to my baby bird. So I prayed diligently for the Lord to show me how to handle this situation. I confronted it. I started swooping, squawking, and I became furious that satan would try to steal one of mine. The sin of rebellion was deep in my bird's heart. The confession, "I roll my eyes every time you and dad tell me to do something."
satan wants nothing more than to destroy our family because the family is a picture of the church. The husband a picture of Jesus as the head of the church, the wife a picture of the bride of Christ. Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Ephesians 5:22-23 Our modern churches are slowing destroying the family and the God ordained authority of the family. Instead of training the husbands to be the head and teaching them how to lead, instead of teaching the wives to submit to their husbands as their head, instead of allowing the husband to teach their family. The wives are sitting under the authority of their Sunday School teacher, (that may teach something that is contradicting their husband), and our children, our precious responsibility is given to a youth minister. We have given over so much of the child training to someone else. Not only to the church, but we expect teachers and the media to raise our children. And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
We have to guard our nest. We have to trust God to lead our families. We have to abide under the shadow of His wings and train our children to follow Him. We have to protect our children from the Fowler that is seeking to kill our children. satan wants to keep us bound in our own sinfulness and selfishness. satan wants us to turn our head so he can steal our children.
My babies all five of them are precious in the sight of the Lord. He has entrusted me and Jeremy to raise them for His glory. I pray that I would be diligent to teach my children when they are home in my care. I pray for my husband that he would continue to lead us in the ways of the Lord. I pray that I would learn to submit and honor my husband. I praise the Lord for the gift of home-schooling my children. I praise the Lord for my baby birds, for their personalities, for their strengths, and their weaknesses. I pray that the Lord will build up our nest.....unless He builds it....it's built in vain.
But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them. Psalm 103:17-18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment