October 13, 2012 I was waiting on a phone call from my social worker to tell me Eli was ready to travel. Hope deferred had made my heart sick. We had waited only 6 short months, but it felt like an eternity as we looked at his pictures and memorized every inch of him. Little did I know in just 13 more days I would be on a plane to Korea to get my baby. My desire to be a mom to a baby boy from around the globe was becoming my reality.
October 13, 2013 I was home recovering from a broken heart. I had no idea the brokenness a woman proclaiming Christ that I loved dearly had caused me. A fraudulent adoption, a lost daughter, a wounded soul. Hope deferred had made my heart sick.
Tonight I listen to a beautiful song. Here are a couple of lines: "Through it all my eyes are on you. Through it all it is well." I think about my friend, who is broken, sitting in a hospital room watching her boy fight to live. It has become weary for all of us that are looking on. We wonder......"God what are you doing? Will you heal? Will you take home? How will we make it?" All of us in our school community are tired in our eyes, hearts are heavy, we are burdened for a family that is enduring more then I think any of us could. I have watched as this community of believers from different denominations have lifted up the heavy hands of the family. They have come along side of them and lifted them in the spiritual realm, pouring out prayers, begging for healing. We all are being change. Hope deferred makes the heart sick.
Hope-
noun
noun: hope · plural noun: hopes
How can our hearts hope if our hope is deferred? Deferred means to put off or postpone. No more putting off of hope! He has given us a hope and a future. Our hope is in HIM. In the darkness, the loneliness, when no one is there, when a 4 year old baby has tubes breathing air into his sick lungs, HE IS OUR HOPE!
Will you pray with me that our hope would be restored 10 fold? That we would have a hope that shines like the sun. God is so GREAT! His mercies are new EVERY.MORNING.......every.single.morning.
HOPE..........HOPE in HIM the giver of life.....Our HOPE.....
No comments:
Post a Comment