Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Simple Faith

I was riding in the car tonight listening to a christian radio station. They were doing a story on people in the ministry losing their faith in God. There is even a new website that you can go to and express your new unbelief in secret. The worse part of this interview was when Southern Baptist pastors were confessing that they continue to preach even though they don't believe in God. Most of these clergy are trained in seminary's and are very well educated. I guess so educated that they undo the scripture with their intellect. One preacher made the comment that he had studied the Bible and it just had too many inconsistency's. He made the statement, "you would have to be simple minded to believe the Bible is the true word of God."

I was driving and I began to praise the Lord and thank Him for the gift of faith. I'm so thankful for a simple mind and child like faith. These are the last days and men are getting more perverse. To think that someone that doesn't even believe in God would continue to preach just for money. It's heartbreaking really.

I turned off onto my exit and there was one of the most beautiful rainbows I have ever seen. It was huge, so full, and bright. The God that created this universe has left signs for us to remember that He does exist. I'm so thankful for His reminders to us and for giving us the gift of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment