Monday, June 11, 2012

Slum Dog Gratitude



No Longer A Slum Dog

This blog began earlier today as I watched my children play. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness. Thankful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to teach my children at home. But God has shown me so much more as the day has gone on. 

I'm reading again. The book, No Longer A Slum Dog. A story of tragedy in Asia. The caste system that makes people at the bottom, inhuman, unwanted, disgusting, worthless. Children are sold to be slaves, prostitutes, and beggars. 

How can we sit in our homes and bake cupcakes? Our savior died for these. Why do we not care? How can we not have the ultimate gratitude for those cupcakes, and the little girl that made them? My children are precious, and I'm so thankful to be HERE everyday with them. I am training my children in a home, a comfortable home, where they have an abundance of food, and an excess of clothing. WE ARE BLESSED! 

I'm thankful and humbled by:





Little boys that make BIG messes so they can hang out in drawers 














Making peanut butter and jelly cupcakes







Learning about the Zoo, planning a trip there, and being thanked for teaching my children




Monkeys.....Lily's on the left....Sam's on the right

Names spelled backward and upside-down 




Elephant's and Hippopotamuses (the purple thing on the left) 


God is good! I want to bless His heart the way He blesses mine. I want to be used up for His name sake! I don't want to be comfortable, content, lazy, or complacent. I want to be His servant, in my home, at the hospital, at church, in Haiti, at the grocery store, and wherever else my feet walk. 

Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment