Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Eli


 









On July 16, 2010 a little boy was born. He was born in South Korea to a young woman that made a wonderful choice for her son. Across the world a mommy and daddy's heart's were being change and opened by God to adoption. 



Bellow is an excerpt from my blog last March:
Posted by Kimberly Williams on Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Good morning baby Eli. I don't know where you are in your stage of development, but I love you. Your daddy and I were just discussing what your temperament will be. Will you be like your sister laid back and easy going or strong willed and out going like your brother. Sam prays for you every day he says, "Thank you Jesus for baby Eli." Every time we see a baby he ask about you. What will it be like to have you here? I can't wait to see. I love you! Mommy 



On April 18th I opened my email and it read, "Are you ready yet?" Attached were these picture's of a sweet little Korean boy. 







Posted by Kimberly Williams on Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Eli,

Since I have received your pictures on April 18, 2011 I can't get you out of my mind. Mommy keeps praying that the Korean government and immigration will move quickly so I can come and get you. I pray to Jesus everyday that He will grant us favor and allow us to hold you by the end of July. You will be turning 10 months old in 6 days and I'm going to miss it. I know your foster mommy will give you lots of hugs and kisses though. I love you little boy with the sweet eyes!!!

Love you forever and always,

Your Mommy




posted by Kimberly Williams on Thursday, June 2, 2011
Eli,

We just received the go ahead on the adoption process so that means mommy is coming for you soon!!! Tammy sent new picture's of you and my how you have grown. I love your sweet smile and I can't wait to see it in person. Eli I pray that you always remember how much our Father in heaven loves you! He has taught mommy through getting you just how much He loves me! xxoo's sweet boy!!!





We Missed Eli's first birthday, but we celebrated anyway!








Dear Eli,

Your birthday has come and gone. We celebrated with a sweet cars cake that Sam just knew you would love and we spent some sweet time together as a family minus one. Mommy is much better this week thanks to much prayer. I really believe I'm coming soon. The Lord knows and that's all that matters. Sam has been carrying your picture around talking to you and feeding you part of his supper and sissy kisses you before bed every night. Your daddy brought up a good point the other night, you don't know who we are. I pray everyday that you will bond easily with us and that you won't grieve to hard or too long for your Umma. She will always be a part of your life. I already look forward to the day we return to Korea as a family to meet your first family. I love you my little one year old boy!!! I'll see you soon!!! 




We prepared for him...





I wrote poems for him....


Posted by Kimberly Williams on Friday, July 22, 2011
Hold You

As I sit in my chair I rock and I wait for the day my arms will no longer ache.
Ache to hold you and cuddle you tight.
Ache to squeeze you and kiss you goodnight.
Oh how I love you if you only knew, but I’m a stranger, someone foreign to you.
I look at your picture and take all of you in, your smile, your eyes, your sweet little chin.
I pray every day that the call will come and that your Umma is giving youplenty of love.
If I could reach around the world tonight in my arms I would hold you tight.






Then it was time to go get him and bring him home...



















Eli is home! He will celebrate his second birthday this Saturday with his family. I'm so happy to have him home with us, but it is bittersweet at the same time. Two years ago a precious young girl chose life for him, but she chose to empty her arms too. She won't get to hold him, kiss him, sing lullabies to him, or celebrate birthdays with him. I am forever grateful to her for this gift. He is a gift! He has taught me to love unconditionally, to love completely, and to love like Christ loves me. So as we celebrate this weekend I will reflect on the HARD of it all, the wonder of it all, and the love in it all!









No comments:

Post a Comment