LOVE........
What does it mean to LOVE?
If you read my blog you will see a progression of my deepest thoughts and you will know I have been thinking a lot about the Church. The Lord has been teaching me and my husband that Church isn't a building, but it is a people. I knew this already from reading the scripture. It is clear that the Holy Spirit is dwelling in this temple of flesh. It is clear that we are the body and Christ is the head. What does love have to do with Church? Love is the reason for the Church. This is MY commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:12-13)
If we are to love one another as Christ loved us that means we would DIE for each other. Would we be willing to endure the pain of the cross? What about a little physical discomfort, a little of our time, or goodness forbid our money?
Love......
Love is my friend having cancer. Yes, I meant what I said. Jesus loves my friend Rachel so much he has allowed her to have cancer. You see cancer is such a little thing to God. He is using Rachel's body as a testimony of His love, His power, and His grace. I have already seen so much love poured out on her and her family. I have seen her husband change. I have watched as she sat firm in her hospital bed and proclaimed, He is GOOD. God is good even in cancer.
Love....
Love the reason I'm writting this blog. There is a little brown girl in Haiti. I don't know that much about her and I've only spent 24 hours with her, but I LOVE HER. She is beautiful, perfect, and made in the image of my loving God. Her birthday is in two days, she will be 3. Do you know how hard that is? Having a child you love so far away on her birthday. I'm busy this week planning Eli's birthday party. He will be 2 on the 16th. (another blog) I'm so thankful for him and I can't believe he is home for his birthday, but I remember last year when I missed his first birthday. It's HARD, adoption is so hard. So as we celebrate Eli's birth I will miss Rebekah's celebration. So I'm asking a very special favor from you........
LOVE......
Your support of the children of Giving Hope Rescue Mission. Stephen is there, beautiful children without parent's some with varioius illnesses need your support. I want to be a voice for these children. God LOVES them, will you?
Please go to http://www.roomforgraceintl.org/ and sponsor a little one today. If you LOVE you will obey!
No comments:
Post a Comment