Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Have Lost My Life

Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39



My life is not my own. I was bought with the precious blood of Christ. My salvation is enough. I gained my life when I laid myself down for Christ. I am walking down the path that leads to life everlasting.

My life is sacrificed to Him and in Him. It doesn't belong to me. It is not mine to dictate. He owns me, I am His, and He is mine.

This journey is not about my comfort, my happiness, myself. This journey is about Him. My life is about Him.

I've been thinking this week while there have been no distractions about the grace of God. We in our human minds expect "big" miracles, "big" ministry's, "big" plans. But God's plans are sometimes in the stillness, in the quite, in the HARD. He may choose us for cancer, choose for us a "small" ministry, choose us to bring multiple children home that weren't carried in our wombs.

The woman in 2 Kings chapter had just lost her husband, her children to be sold into slavery, she was going to lose everything, but God. But God came to her aid. Not in a mighty way, but through her simple obedience. She believed and obeyed. He paid her debts and gave her just enough to live on. The very next story is about the Shunammite woman. She was a wealthy woman that lived in abundance. While we live out our lives on this earth there will be pain, poverty, orphans, widows, death. It is promised in scripture that we WILL suffer. Are we willing to suffer for Christ?

Lay down our lives so that He may live through us.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Kim...2Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

    ReplyDelete