Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3 things praised for, 3 Hard Eucharisto

10 days, I've made it 10 days into Ann Voskamp's challenge of finding joy everyday. I usually give up on this sort of thing, life too busy, house too messy, kids too clingy. I wanted to do this, to finish something I started that seemed so easy at first. It's not so easy for our flesh to always find the joy in the everyday mundane, but this challenge is teaching me true JOY.

Day 9: 3 Things praised for.

October 9th just so happened to be my 9th wedding anniversary. My first praise of the day is for my marriage. I feel so undeserving at times to have such a happy marriage. I remember years ago, at least 18 years ago, I wrote a list of what I wanted in a husband. The number one thing was that he would love God. My husband LOVES God! For that I'm so thankful! Number 2 was that he would lead our family. I for so long took care of myself. I moved out of my parent's home when I was 17 years old and took care of myself until I met Jeremy. He leads our family, and I cherish that. Number 3 was that he would love me unconditionally. Boy does he ever! I'm not easy to love and I'm sure not easy to live with at times, but he loves me in spite of me! Number 4: that he would be a good daddy. He is a wonderful father to our children. He plays with them, prays with them, and teaches them to love the Lord. I praise for my husband.






I praise for these sweet little dresses hand stitched and sewn for the baby girls in Haiti. I've never met the woman that made them, but I praise for her too!










I praise the Lord for calling us to Seoul Korea to adopt our son. It's just 17 days away from our family day!








Day 10: Hard Eucharisto


Hard thanks is having children in Haiti and knowing it will be awhile before they come home. They are so close, yet so far away. The unknown is so hard. Hard is going there in November, kissing them, hugging them, singing to them, leaving them behind. Hard thanks is leaving the children that God has ordained to be mine in a foreign country.  





Hard thanks is an upcoming surgery for the man I love and cherish. Thanking God and submitting to His perfect plan and will. Thanking Him for directing us to the right surgeon and the right hospital. 


Hard thanks is pressing through and pressing on when the days are tough. Thanking when my flesh is weak....that is Hard Eucharisto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment