Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Burning For God


Tomorrow's thanks is for 3 gift's that burn. When I think of the word burn, I think of passion, I think of refinement, I think of my God that is a consuming fire. I posted the statement below on my facebook page under www.roomforgraceintl.org. It is a place where you can go and donate money for orphans. It explains my burning passion for orphans.

“I've been doing a joy dare given by Ann VosKamp on her blog. It is 31 days of thanks throughout the month of October. Tomorrow is 3 Gifts that burn. Orphans burn my soul, they make me passionate, I'm filled with a burning desire to help them. If we are following the example of God left in scripture we ALL should be burning for orphans. In America we are rich! It amazes me when I ask someone to donate and they tell me they're broke as they are texting on their Iphone, their kid is playing on their Ipad, and they live in a house that could be a home for several orphans! I have nothing against enjoying blessings from the Lord, but He has always made provision for the orphan, poor, and widow. In the Old Testament when farmers would pluck grain they were instructed by God to leave some for the poor, the widow, and the orphan. In the New Testament He said that a PURE religion is to care for widows and orphans. We become PURE through the fire. Allow God to ignite a passion in you for these children. Burn with a fervency to HELP the least of these! PLEASE GIVE! It doesn't take much to make a difference!”


I burn with passion for my family. I was watching as my husband explained the shoes of peace to my children. Sam sat in his lap rubbing his beard, Lily on my lap, her lanky body curled up like a infant. The light from the lamp shining down as the Spirit of God shone down. I burn with a passion and desire to raise godly children. Children that are willing to do the will of God. Not just hearers of the word, but doers.  Not Christians that "know" the word, but Christians that KNOW the WORD! The Word that is God!


I burn with a desire that those around me would be ignited to serve. That the passion in my heart for Christ would not be contained, but that it would spread like a wildfire. I want the stagnant, pew sitting, lazy Christian to rise up and burn for Christ. If we would come together what a GREAT fire we could kindle.


This joy dare is changing me! It is reminding me daily of the God I serve. Not just learning about Him but living for HIM. Dying to myself daily and learning to sacrifice and serve like Him. Allowing Him to consume me and burn away everything that is not of Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment