All fear is but the notion that God's love ends. Do you think I end, that My bread warehouses are limited, that I will not be enough? But I am infinite, child. What can end in Me? Can life end in Me? Can happiness? Or peace? Or anything you need? Doesn't your Father always give you what you need? I am the Bread of Life and My bread for you will never end. Fear thinks God is finite and fear believes that there is not going to be enough and hasn't' counting one thousand gifts, endlessly counting gifts, exposed the lie at the heart of all fear? In Me, blessings never end because My love for you never ends. If My goodnesses toward you end, I will cease to exist, child. As long as there is a God in heaven, there is grace on earth and I am the spilling God of the uncontainable, forever-overflowing-love-grace. Ann Voskamp
Fear has ruled me, captured me, contained me, stifled me, stopped me, crippled me, bound me, and held me captive to a lie.
We are all weak in the flesh, struggling to make it day to day, bound in this life when we fear. We all do it, we all forget who our God is. The scars keep us locked up in ourselves, our self-pity, self-doubt, even to the point of self-loathing. Our past reckons with us, reminds us how weak we really are. I have deep wounds that cause anxiety to rise up within me. I want to control and I can't release my tight grip on myself and my life. Control comes from a life of being controlled by the wrong thing. Controlled by ungodly men, beaten down, and controlled by my sin.
How can I do this? How knowing what I know continue to fear? Hasn't He delivered me? Don't I believe?
He tells me in His word to me not to be shaken: Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29
The God of the universe that shakes nations, that holds our breath in His hands tells me not to be moved, not to be shaken. Fear not or be not dismayed for He will go with me wherever I go....that's what He promises me. Not to even worry about food or clothing, because doesn't He even clothe the lilies of the field. His love for me is infinite, it is TRUE love, it is love so strong, so real that He sent His son to bleed out His blood to cover me.
Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, DO NOT FEAR! I will help you.
How can I the one who was formed say to the one who formed me WHY?
I have too much, too many blessings, too many reasons to praise my Maker, to stand in awe of Him, my consuming fire.
I'm going to list them lest I forget. I'm going to live in the light. I'm going to SEE His goodness in everything. I'm going to live PURE in heart with no fear, doubt, worry, or anxiety.
Will it be hard to die to this flesh? Will it be hard to return to Eden to the promise He has made to keep me and love me forever? YES, it will be hard, but with God ALL things are possible.
He inhabits the praise of His people. He will come and dwell with me in the PRAISE. Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise the fruit of lips that openly profess His name. Hebrews 13:15
I praise and thank you Jesus for:
Big brown eyes....
Long, delicious eyelashes...
Clover for bees....
Sweet Asian eyes...
A baby not formed in my womb, not conceived in my marital bed, but is a gift from God just the same...
Art Work....
Honeysuckles...
Trails that lead to hidden treasure...
Drinking sweet nectar....
Being hidden in the shadow of the Almighty...
It is all His good and perfect gifts to me His child.......
In all the excitement over the big things currently happening in your life, I cry when I read about your everyday blessings as well. These new children are testimonies shouting to the world of your faith...but the gratitude you show for the small blessings is what will point them to a faith of their own. Thank you for reminding me of everyday blessings.
ReplyDelete