I'm starting this blog, in all honesty with no words, just thoughts.
Why did a little boy that was so close to having a family die? He died today at 5:10pm in Haiti, a sweet boy I've never met, but have prayed fervently for. He has a sister, a beautiful sister, a birth-father, and adoptive parent's that were really close to bringing him home. He had a brain aneurysm and died.
It is so easy to speak of the mighty hand and sovereignty of God when my children are tucked in their beds, safe, whole, well. But how would I deal with this situation if it was one of the children God gave me? In my super spiritual thought's, I would like to think I would praise God anyway. But would I? Would I praise Him if it were my Lily, my Sam, or my Eli?
In my walk with the Lord I have suffered. I have suffered deep pain and loss. My sister was murdered, I came from a very broken family (it is restored now), I have gone through a divorce, there are more things, hard things I would never speak of here, but I have never lost a child. What would I do? How would I cope?
Death is a horrible thing, it is the most horrible consequence of sin, but God. But God sent His son Jesus to take the sting of death away. We have a hope and a promise. I want to rest in that, I really do. I want to be so in love with Jesus, so indwelt with the Holy Spirit, so on fire for Christ, that I can make it through the horrible. I want to be like Paul that joyed in his tribulation.
I'm sad....I'm really sad, but Jesus understands our sadness, He understands our pain, He bore our grief, and He is acquainted with all of our ways. We however, don't always understand His ways, but I do know that His ways are perfect. There is a plan for this family and Jesus will bring it to pass.
To God be the Glory!!!!
I will be praying for this family. You are so right. Jesus is always standing with arms open wide to hug us up in any situation. The key is we have to be willing to fall into those loving arms.
ReplyDeleteHe is faithful to see us through no matter what.
Praise be to the only true & living God forevermore!