They jump, they spin, they play innocently, dreaming, and imagining........
Her dream to be a princess.....Him a pirate.......
She sits down with a sparkle in her eye describing what her dress will look like....
I watch through the kitchen window as she guides her hand across her chest showing her brother how her dress will look.....Him not paying much attention.....He's a pirate....
I watch and I cry.....I think about how sweetly they play...no worries, no fear, just simple play....
That's when it hit me...why I have lost joy in simplicity...
We stop as adults...we stop playing...we stop imagining...we stop dancing...we stop enjoying
We start....we start worrying...fearing....doubting.....being distracted...
We got the eggs out tonight...The Resurrection Eggs....
Jeremy allowed the kids to pick one and open it.....inside is the story....the story of our precious Christ...
I thought about it again....JOY....Simple JOY.....
It's not about the eggs...the dress....the church....the service......It's all about HIM.....my JOY....
We as adults get caught up and distracted by the "fun stuff of Easter" and wonder if it is a distraction from the real meaning of Easter.
I realized this Easter weekend that as long as my eyes are on the eggs....the dress, the church, the service.....they're not on HIM.
I'm going to freely enjoy watching my kids run around on freshly cut grass, searching frantically for eggs tomorrow knowing that the "egg" doesn't take anything away from my Savior.
I can run, play, imagine, dance, skip, and have JOY in my Lord this Easter........
Praise and Adoration to my Jesus...the ONE who died that I may serve and praise HIM everyday........

I was speaking to our Youth Group at Fairview today and saying the same thing...the egg to me is a reminder of NEW LIFE. MY life has been new since I met my Jesus. HE GOT UP and for this reason only I have JOY!! Love you and miss you give all the kiddos hugs!
ReplyDelete