Saturday, April 21, 2012

Joy In Picture's

Written on our chalkboard by my Lily is the scripture: "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God"

I've pondered this verse all week, then this morning during my quite time after reading my Bible I picked up Ann Voskamp's book and read, "I know how monstrously inhumane I can be. Raging at children for minor wrongdoings while I'm the one defiling the moment with sinful anger. Hoarding possessions while others die of starvation. Entertaining the mind with trivial pretties when I haven't bowed the head and heart in a prayer longer than five minutes in a week. My tongue has had a razor edge and my eyes have rolled haughty and my neck has been stiff and graceless and I have lived the filth ugly, an idolater, a glutton, and a grace thief who hasn't had time for the thanks. I wrap the hem of my splattered apron around a finger. I cannot raise the eye. We've read it around the table at the close of the meal, us all with Bibles open, and we've read the verse with one voice: "God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8)." 


I burst into tears. There is was again that verse: "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall SEE God."

How do we see God? We have to look!





Thank you Jesus for birthday candle's and a sweet 4 year old to blow them out....








For parties and friends....



For Pa-paw's and fat bellies...



For gifts..... 



For uncle's that throw you up high and make you  giggle...

For belly laughs... 



For cousins that love you like crazy....and are friends for life...


For backyard games.... 



For sweets to eat....




For the simple faith of a child.... 


For our paperwork ready to send and the perseverance to get it done.....




No comments:

Post a Comment