I'm reading a book written by Ann Voskamp, "One Thousand Gifts." It is really opening my eyes to the true meaning of thanks. Since reading her book the word thanks and thanksgiving has stuck out on the pages of scripture as if I had never read the book before. I have noticed anew that Jesus thanked God in and for everything. In Matthew just before He was to be slaughtered on the cross for us He took the bread and gave thanks. Knowing what was to come, right before entering the garden to agonize with His Father to allow the cup to pass from Him, He took the bread and gave thanks.
In her book Ann Voskamp describes how through thanks the Lord brought her true joy. That is what we all long for joy...joy in pain, joy in circumstances beyond our control, joy in tribulation, persecution, and even in death.
My desire is to live fully in the grace that the Lord of heaven has so graciously bestowed on me. He bought me with a price and delivered my soul from eternal condemnation. He is a living, breathing, awe inspiring God that loves me in spite of myself. So what can I do? I will give Thanks!!!!
Thanks for the shoes worn on my sons feet belonging to his daddy...thankful for godly shoes to fill.
Thanks for free bunk beds my children are nestled down in.......They're finally out of my bed!!!!
Thankful for forgiveness...the gift to grant it and the gift to receive it.
Thankful for birthday party's....my son is turning 4...another thanks for 4 precious years with him...
Thankful for best-friends that I can confide in and discuss the deep things of God with.
Thankful for Nutella Hazelnut spread...on sale 3 for a dollar this week....
I'm going to try and unlock this mystery of joy in thankfulness. I'm going to be purposeful in my thanks to the Lord even for the blessing that seem menial to our human eyes. All good and perfect gift's come from the Father of light's. ALL gift's!!!!
Thank you Father for ALL the gift's you give your children, great or small you are the giver of ALL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment