Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Blessing Of Our Children

As I have been praying and seeking God regarding the who, how old, and how many God brought something to my attention. All of my children have been given to me for a specific reason.

Lily- My sweet, pretty, flower full of love and generosity toward others. She teaches me to love more, complain less, and forgive for everything. She is a lover and she loves unconditionally. I look at how she embraced Eli even when he despised her, bit her, and pulled her hair. When we say maybe more than one child her response is, "Yes mom you know I would love it ! That's awesome!" She looks at the world with eyes of FAITH and LOVE!

Sam- My silly, funny, full of life little boy. He has been my JOY! He came out of the womb in a horrible way, stuck, and bruised horrifically. He screamed most of the day for 5 months. I knew he would be full of personality. He never meets a stranger and bats his beautiful eyelashes at everyone he meets. He is truly captivating. He has taught me to love unconditionally because loving him the first year of his life was HARD. He has taught me to be calm, patient, and to stay the adult when he is acting up. He makes me laugh most of the day and he won't let me stay in a bad mood. PRECIOUS JOY!

Eli-My serious, affectionate, Korean born boy. He has taught me that I could fall in love with a baby that doesn't look like me, doesn't have the same DNA as me, and that wasn't birthed from my womb. I can honestly say that the first 4 months I wondered if "it" would happen, if I would feel like he was really mine. Then "it" did happen and I have proof. We were at a doctor's appointment and while I was chatting with the other mom's in the waiting room no one asked if he was adopted. Then in conversation I mentioned it and one of the ladies said, "I thought he was your real son" to which I replied, "he is." She could not believe he was adopted she went on and on about how natural we seemed together and how attached we were. Today I came home from work and he ran to me yelling mama and holding his hands in the air for me to hold him. He is mine and he has taught me HOPE and LOVE!

So as I pray I don't pray mine or Jeremy's will be done, but our Father's will to be done. There are possibly three little children in Haiti that need a mommy, daddy, sister, two brother's, and a lot of FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, and JOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment