Sunday, March 18, 2012

Conundrum........that's what I got myself into!

None of us are above rebuke especially me.

I am a people pleaser to a fault. I want everyone to like me and I want to make everyone happy. A dear friend invited me to church with her this morning weeks ago. Her husband was speaking on adoption and she wanted us to come. I had told her I would, then I ended up double booking my Sunday and got myself into a mess. I wanted to call her, but I knew her feelings would be hurt so I did the unthinkable and sent an email. (WHAT A JERK) So now not only am I a people pleaser, I'm a prideful, selfish jerk, who cared more about my uncomfortable situation than her feelings. I did call this morning and I was confronted with my sin in love by my dear friend. She rebuked me and rightfully so. I'm sharing this with you so maybe you can learn from my mistakes. Her feelings were important to me, my heart ached for her this morning, and I didn't want our fellowship to be broken, but I chose the easy way out, she however, did not. She did the HARD thing, she brought her hurt to me, and expressed her disappointment. It released her to go and worship freely with no anger or bitterness toward me and it allowed me to ask for her forgiveness and get back into a right standing before God.

If we get to a point in our Christian walk when we think we are above sin or think we won't fall....look out because a fall is coming. I am grateful for the fall because it brings me back down to my knees. I'm going to be signing off the computer for a few days and seek God's face for many things in our lives. He is the only one that can purify me and refine me. My prayer is to be more like Jesus and less like me. I want to speak truth in love, confront uncomfortable situations head-on, and say no when I need to. With the help of the Holy Spirit I'm going to get there...I'm going to get to a place where my desire is to please God and Him alone. I don't like the way this process feels, but I'm going to like what grows in me through this. So thank you to my friend..you know who you are for being honest and loving me in-spite of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment