Friday, March 16, 2012

Repentance and Belief

I have been struggling for the last couple of weeks with bitterness. God woke me up at 2:22 this morning and I spent time in prayer and repentance.

Bitterness is one of those sins that creeps in unnoticed and if left unchecked can take root in your heart and flourish. Comments about our adoption planted the seed of bitterness and it had started to take root. I'm so thankful that God in His great love wrote a love note to me that I could read to be reminded of His might, power, and forgiveness. Psalm 146:1-5 Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God. 
My trust cannot lie in the flesh of man. Man is wicked and corrupt in nature and if not regenerated will not see the darkness in his heart. My hope has to be in my creator God because, "He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them he remains faithful for ever." Psalm 146:6


Bitterness had made me start to doubt my Lord's provision. But Psalm 146:7-9 says, "He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free, the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked."
My God that feeds and provides for the animals, that watches when one falls to the ground, that is acquainted with all of our ways, and has record of every single hair on my head will provide for us. He has called His people to do His work and He will use whom He wills. My faith has been restored unto me this morning. I believe if He so chooses He will rain money down from heaven. For He is able to do all that we ask.

The Lord reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. PRAISE THE LORD.Psalm 146:10

No comments:

Post a Comment