I climbed in bed and cuddled up next to my daddy yesterday morning on his 70th birthday. As I curled my body around his weak, crippled, body wrecked with pain cause by arthritis I felt homesick. I had a pain in the center of my chest and my heart literally ached. I wanted to cry, I prayed (I've been praying for 12 years that the Lord would heal his body), I felt. I felt the Lord, He was there wrapped around the two of us holding us both in the palm of His hand.
I left yesterday and I thought about our humanity, how frail we are. We are decaying everyday, we are fragile, crush-able, breakable, BUT GOD. But God in His perfect love for us works out everything we go through for our good. 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 says: Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God- that is, or righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.
And Romans 8:28 says: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
As I sat in the waiting room with Eli today for his eye appointment the Lord had a divine appointment for me. I met two different mama's that had children with syndrome's. One little girl has Angel-man's Syndrome and the other little girl has a syndrome that has not been diagnosed. God whispered to me, "Here are two of my precious children, weak, crippled, deaf, unable to breath on their own. By the worlds substandard they are broken, but to me they are perfect. I chose them to carry this cross for My glory." I got in the car and I saw, I saw the cross. He brought my eyes back to Him, to His pain, to His burden, to His human frailness. I saw once again the purpose of my life. He called me to walk the narrow path and carry my cross for His glory. If I take my eyes off of Him for even a second I will forget, I will forget the reason for suffering, for waiting, for pain. I will forget that broken is beautiful in His sight.
Dear Lord, Keep my eyes on you and your plan. Make me more aware of your Spirit and your will for the broken. Help me never to forget that I was called for You, to carry my cross to bring glory to you. Help me to always remember I cannot do this on my own, in my own strength for I am frail, damaged, broken. Dear Jesus empty me out and fill me with Your Spirit. I pray that as You speak through me that someone reading this will be touched by Your grace. I pray that someone will joy in their frailty and give themselves over to You. You have already bore our shame and our guilt, You have already paid in full the penalty for our sin. Help us all Lord walk the path laid out before us with gladness. In the sweet name of Jesus, AMEN.....
No comments:
Post a Comment