Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Beautifully Broken Baby

One year ago tomorrow we stepped into Heaven Sent Children and stepped right into the will of God. We sat down requesting a girl, (I had pink, bows, and ruffles in my mind) but God in His perfect sovereignty had other plans for us. We discussed it further with Stephanie and decided it didn't matter we just wanted the child God had for our family. On April 17th I opened my e-mail and read these words, "Are you ready yet?" And there he was, Jaehyun Lee. I'm a nurse so I noticed some things right away that alarmed me to the fact he may have a syndrome of some sort. So Jeremy and I thought he most likely wasn't ours, I told Stephanie we would pray about it. I went out to the back porch and prayed, immediately God brought Isaiah 53:2 to my mind, "He has no form or comeliness; and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him." Jesus Christ literally had no stately form, splendor, or beauty that anyone would desire to behold Him. I repented, cried, and told my husband what the Lord had spoken to me. He felt the same way. So we said yes!

We traveled to get Eli 6 months after looking at his referral picture which is now unheard of. I never lost my faith that we would get him soon, and God who knows all things knew Eli needed to come home. I haven't shared much of his private medical history and I still feel protective of his privacy when it comes to his diagnosis. But today he was diagnosed with a clotting disorder that will require him to receive platelets before any surgical procedure and he will require them if he has any trauma as well. This can be pretty scary when you are parenting a child that isn't scared of anything.

I just want to encourage all of you that are following the prompting of the Holy Spirit to adopt that broken babies are perfect babies. Eli has several physical abnormalities, but I can tell you that we don't even see the defects in his physical appearance. There are thousands of children out there that aren't the cutest, the smartest, or the most perfect, but God's children are perfect. And the orphaned child is God's child. Please consider the least of these.

You can visit www.rainbowkids.com to see thousands of waiting kids........they maybe waiting for YOU!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment