This week has been a week of praise and blessing. Eli turned 19 months old yesterday and he is changing so much. He loves his daddy and runs as fast as he can to meet him at the door after work. He starts yelling DaDa, DaDa and gives him lots of sweet kisses. He is way more comfortable than he was 4 months ago. He has cut 10 teeth, he's saying about 20 words, and he is running around everywhere. Lily was so excited a few nights ago because she got to change his diaper and rock him to sleep. We are so blessed to have him in our life. It is really neat to see him blossom and grow.
We found out today that our application to Giving Hope Rescue Mission was accepted....praise Jesus. This means we will be matched with our child/children in April when we travel to Haiti. The Lord is miraculously providing the money we need. He uses people I wouldn't expect and He blesses in the most amazing ways.
I have been pondering the verse in 1 Chronicles 16:28-30 all week. Ascribe to the Lord, all you families of nations, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness. Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (Genuine praise also involves ascribing glory to God. This means that we give credit where credit is due. Remember this in your worship-give God all the glory. NIV)
Everything we do in this life has a purpose and a reason and we have a choice to glorify God with our life or not. Our worship is not just the lifting of our hands in praise, but it is loving and serving one another. I look around and I see so many opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus. And I hear A LOT, "you can't save everyone Kimberly." I might not be able to rescue every orphaned child in the world or feed every hungry person, but I can assure you there is MUCH to be done for the Kingdom of God. WE must worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness. What is holy? Holy is when you reach out to the person that doesn't look like you, the person that may even stink, the child that doesn't have a mother and father, the neighbor that is right next door to you.
I implore you to please consider your life. What is important to you? What is elevated in your life? The Bible says: we must decrease so that He (Jesus) might increase. Are you serving, are you ministering, are you decreasing and sacrificing for the Kingdom of God? May we all fall on our knees and behold His majesty and adore the splendor of Him.
I am blessed beyond measure in this life and I must share with others what God has done for me for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment