Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spirit and Truth

I'm reading A.W. Tozer's book, "The Purpose of Man-Designed to Worship." As I was reading tonight (I just made it to the 3rd chapter) conviction sat in like a hot iron to my soul. For me it seems as soon as I mention how BIG my faith is it gets tested. I had started to have a pity party and concern myself with the money we need to take our trip to Haiti in April. And then as I was reading God spoke to me and said, "I thought you BELIEVED." It was then I realized my eyes had drifted off of my Father and back to circumstances I have no control over. I repented and confessed my sin of unbelief and began to worship the Lord. My purpose in this life is not to be a parent, wife, or nurse...my purpose is to worship my creator God. He created us in His image to worship and commune with Him. Now humbled and put back into my right standing before a Holy God I can see my purpose. I can be the best wife in the world, adopt 10 kids, be the most compassionate loving nurse, but if my life isn't radiating the glory of Lord I have lived in vain. The bible says that God is seeking those who will worship Him in Spirit and truth. I have pondered this verse many times and I think I have given my opinion on it more than once. He desires to be intimate with me....the God of the universe...desires my worship. WOW!!!! As I walk this road of sanctification I'm so thankful He draws me back and puts my spiritual glasses on so that I may see my true purpose...to worship Him with all my heart.

Oh Lord of Heaven and Earth, Please cleanse me and renew a right spirit within me. Allow me to come into thy presence full of the Spirit of Promise and sup with you. Draw me nearer to you and make my love for you a passionate love. Help me to crucify my flesh, my thoughts, and my desires and fall to my knees in adoration of your holiness. Walk with me on this path that you have  laid out before me and help me not to fear what is on this earth, but stand before you in fear. I love you oh God, but please help me to love you MORE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment